Receipe for Bombay Potato
· 2 tbsp cooking oil
· 500g potatoes, parboiled
· 1 tsp mustard seeds
· 1 Bay leaf
· 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
· 1 tsp grated garlic
· 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
· pinch salt
· 1/2 tsp turmeric power
· 1 tsp coriander powder
· 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
· 1 tsp Fresh cilantro [coriander] leaves
· Boil the potatoes in their skin. peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 inch sized pieces.
· Heat the oil and add mustard seeds and bay leaf, cook until mustard seeds star to pop.
· Add onion, ginger, garlic fry until the onion is medium brown.
· Turn the heat down and add all ground spices, salt and tomatoes, give quick star to release flavours.
· Add the potatoes turn the heat up to medium and star fry the potatoes for a few minutes until potatoes are well- coated with spices.
· Sprinkle the cilantro leaves all over the potatoes before serving.You can eat this dish with Naan, Rice and bread