- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 8 garlic chopped
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon black paper
- 1/4 tea spoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 cups red lentils
- 3 to 4 tables spoon freshly lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped
- Wash the lentils under cold running water.
- bring a boil and add the lentils, onion .tomato, and garlic. Re- duce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are quite tender.
- In a frying pan ,cook the onion in oil until very soft starting to brown. Remove from the heat .Add the unions to the lentil mix and puree a in food processor until smooth . Return to the pan and cook for a few minutes more.
- stir in the cumin, salt,pepper